Foliage issues still?

Started Sep 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
Randy Benter
Randy Benter Veteran Member • Posts: 3,196
Re: Let's look at actual images

borgein wrote:

But then again, that doesn't matter for regular use (posting pictures to the web and printing in regular sizes). But that doesn't mean that there isn't a difference, and that ACR is not optimal as of today.

This is not FUD. There are evidence all over the web from well known and unknown photographers, software developers, reviewers and so on.

I agree.

These crops show the same raw file processed in LR and SP. Both applications are set for zero noise reduction and a fairly high amount of sharpening. You can see that SP sharpening enhances detail and looks grainy. The LR sharpening smears detail and looks waxy.

I no longer try to use LR sharpening on XPro1 files and I am getting good raw results using work-around methods. There will continue to be threads about this because LR/ACR is the most popular raw processor and when new Fuji owners try to use their usual workflow (which likely includes Adobe sharpening), then they are not going to like the results.

Most of the threads on this topic are useless arguing between those who encounter the problem and those who claim the problem doesn't exist. It would be much better if we could just have a thread where users share PP workflows that achieve good results from the XPro1. I realize that might be expecting too much from the DPR Fuji forums, where civility seems to be in very short supply.

Randy Benter's gear list:Randy Benter's gear list
Apple Aperture Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +16 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow