Started Sep 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
panamforeman
panamforeman Senior Member • Posts: 1,140
Re: Bruce

gail wrote:

panamforeman wrote:

Actually my remaks were meant "tongue-in-cheek!"

Sorry, I missed that.

But it is true that I carry the G1X and the S100 with me. But it use to be only the S100. I keep the G1X in a camera bag in the car.......just in case.

I find this very interesting. I'd think it would be the other way around: because of it's better image quality, the G1X would be the main camera with the S100 as a backup.

I carry the S100 in my shirt pocket, even when I'm wearing a suit. I've taken many "off-hand" shots with it because I'm not always in my car.

However, when I am going somewhere that I think I'll take photos, like a family gathering etc. (mine is quite large) I have the G1X in a camera bag on the back seat. When I get there I just carry the G1X with the strap wrapped around my hand. I also keep a tripod in the trunk and the camera bag for the G1X has all the accessories etc. that may be needed.

I use to carry a Sony video camera but no longer do that because of the excellent video capabilities of the S100 and G1X.

I am looking forward to the next "S" Powershot series camera, but who knows when that will be. I have tried the Sony RX-100. The menus are "fussy" and not easy to navigate thru. Plus it is very "slick" just like the S90 was. I didn't like it.....but then I do like Canons, and hope the S1?? will be a big improvement.

We'll see.

panamforeman's gear list:panamforeman's gear list
Canon PowerShot S120 Panasonic ZS100
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow