Voting Thread: FZ200 vs FZ150

Started Sep 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
quezra Veteran Member • Posts: 3,915
Re: I vote for FZ 200

Vandyu wrote:

I think the FZ200 and its predecessor have attracted a lot of attention from current DSLR owners, such as myself, and those thinking of going the DSLR route

Yes, and more besides. I'm a NEX user, but I recognise the limits of zoom on a NEX. The 18-200LE is great but for wildlife you often need to reach further, and there's only two ways to do that: Going the $2000+ full DSLR zoom route or a good superzoom. Birds are by far the most common thing you see on safari, but 200mm can't really "bird". And I really hope this FZ200 is what it says on the label because I'm thinking my NEX + FZ200 when going on safari sounds perfect. I've never been satisfied with previous superzooms including the FZ150 when testing them in stores (which naturally are lowlight situations). I have been spoiled by APS-C IQ too, which is another thing holding me back. A full FZ200 will cost and weigh less than a hypothetical 100-300mm f/4-6.3 or 400mm f/4 NEX lens (both of which don't exist). But if its IQ is worse than a FZ150 which I have tested and was "almost but not quite" for me, then I may just skip it altogether.

Anyway, I'm glad for this thread, it is looking increasingly likely that I'll get the FZ200.

quezra's gear list:quezra's gear list
Sony Alpha a7 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS Sony Alpha NEX-5N Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow