S100 after 2nd repair

Started Sep 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
Bruce Hunter Contributing Member • Posts: 856
Re: Bruce

Yes, Gail.....

When working, the S100 is a gem of a pocket camera.

But, I just returned from Best Buy , where I bought the camera last December. They will pack it up and return it to the Canon Center for repairs.

I mailed the camera , myself, for its first return in March. ... mainly , because it never occurred to me to have the store do it.

Oddly enough, when I tried to fix the stuck lens again this morning, I replaced the battery , pressed the shutter button and the lense retracted !

I tried it about 6 more times, but then it stuck and I got the "lens error " message again. To be honest, I was kind of glad the lens stuck again. I would , otherwise, be expecting to get the lens error message every time I snapped the shutter.

As it is, unless Canon replaces this camera with a new S100 ( not from the bad serial number batch ) , I will always be apprehensive, waiting for the next lens error message to pop up.

I'll be watching for the next Canon S series camera, but will never be first in line again, to buy one.

A real shame because the S100 is the best pocket camera I've ever had
....... when it's working, properly

Bruce Hunter's gear list:Bruce Hunter's gear list
Canon PowerShot G5 X
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow