DxOMark still silent on the E-M5

Started Sep 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
gteague
gteague Senior Member • Posts: 2,210
Re: Wow, Rx100 ISO is off by almost 1 stop!

i went back to the page for more info and found this paragraph in their analysis:

The Sony RX100's 1" sensor is smaller than those of the micro 4:3 compact hybrids from Olympus and Panasonic, and once again, in terms of sensitivity, the observable results obey the laws of physics, with a difference 2/3EV in favor of the Panasonic G3 compact hybrid that we chose for our comparison.

This said, the RX100’s sensor still achieves an DxOMark overall score of 66 versus 56, thanks to its clearly superior scores for color depth (22.6 bits vs 21 bits) and for dynamic range (12.4EV vs 10.6EV — a difference of nearly 2EV).

guy

gteague wrote:

i took a quick look and tried out the quirky 'comparometer' or whatever they call it.

it looked like the rx100 beat several highly regarded m43rds cameras in the overall score. and although the rx100 has very nice iq and i wouldn't be ashamed at all to mix its images in with my m43rds cameras, i don't think the iq is superior.

-- hide signature --

/ guy

The world is going to pieces and people like Adams and Weston are photographing rocks! ~Henri Cartier-Bresson

-- hide signature --

/ guy

The world is going to pieces and people like Adams and Weston are photographing rocks! ~Henri Cartier-Bresson

gteague's gear list:gteague's gear list
Sony DSC-RX0 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic GH5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow