Sigma DP1M First Shots

Started Sep 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
pschia Senior Member • Posts: 1,382
Sigma DP1M First Shots

The DP1M was launched for sale in limited stocks here in Singapore yesterday and I immediately got myself one.

These are a few test shots from my new toy. The outdoor shots were not really that good due to the cloudy and hazy skies and the late afternoon hours but it woudl at least give an idea of the optical quality of the DP1M lens compared to that of the DP2M. I will try again when we get nice blue skies here at a later date.

1/200s f/4.0 at 19.0mm ISO 100

Purple fringing in high contrast areas at the edges of the shot. Haven't seen so much purple fringing on my DP2M.

A couple of foreign 'imports'...

1/40s f/4.0 at 19.0mm ISO 100

1/10s f/4.5 at 19.0mm ISO 100

Vertical panoramic shot. 28mm is just not wide enough in some situations. Again obvious purple fringing .

1/6s f/2.8 at 19.0mm ISO 100
A night shot

1/25s f/8.0 at 19.0mm ISO 100

Although the AML-2 Close-Up Lens is not listed as an accessory for the DP1M, it will work on the DP1M nevertheless... but DOF is a bitch ! and can't really be handheld if shakes are to be avoided.

pschia's gear list:pschia's gear list
Sigma dp2 Quattro Nikon D800E Olympus E-M1 Nikon Df Nikon D750
Sigma DP1 Sigma DP2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow