What would you look for int he E-PM2 and E-PL5?

Started Sep 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sderdiarian Veteran Member • Posts: 4,000
What would you look for int he E-PM2 and E-PL5?

We'll know well enough on the 18th when Photokina 2012 opens its doors, but still fun to speculate in the interim.

The big news of course will be if the E-M5 sensor does in fact come to both, and if the E-PL4 will be priced for $599, $100 less than its predecessor's MSRP. Should the E-PM2 simply hold its predecessor's $500 intro MSRP, it will become a true bargain given the improvement in DR.

What else might they bring to the party?

I would hope the E-PM remains the same size as the E-PM1, but adds a small grip, improved IBIS (hey, anything would be an improvement, talk about low hanging fruit ), and a full-sized touch 3" LCD. Owning an E-PM1, I also hope they move the video button to the top of the body where I wouldn't hit it so often.

For the E-PL4, I'd like to see it actually grow a bit in size (between E-P3 and E-PL3 sizes) with removable grips for handling various sized lenses, improved IBIS, a full-sized touch/tilt screen 3" OLED, built-in flash, more buttons and another dial, and ideally some type of built-in EVF.

A wishlist to be sure, but either would make a great second body to an E-M5.

Thoughts?

-- hide signature --

Sailin' Steve

sderdiarian's gear list:sderdiarian's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II +1 more
Olympus PEN E-P3 Olympus PEN E-PL3 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus PEN E-PM1 Olympus PEN E-PM2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow