Sigma’s ownership of Foveon sensor – greatest loss for the photographic world

Started Sep 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
JamieTux Veteran Member • Posts: 3,900
Hold up!

stevielee wrote:

Check out Steve Huff's fairly accurate assessment of this new DP2M. He loved the IQ, but is giving the camera back to Sigma for many of the same operation no-go's that the DP series (and all other Sigma branded cameras for that matter) have always suffered from...VERY SUBSTANDARD TECHNOLOGICAL PERFORMANCE.

But if you don't need frame rates or IS or high ISO or fast AF and you want to carry a camera in a coat pocket that will allow you to easily capture what you are seeing and you are happy with the process of photography - then it's just about perfect!

From the tone of your posts it doesn't seem to fit YOUR criteria of what makes an excellent camera - but leave the consumer bubble and look at digital MF, LF film, Leica, etc - they all have a use and none of them fix any of the issues that you mention... I would imagine the new Foveon cameras appeal to the same people as those cameras (I use both at times - I get frustrated with NOT being able to control things quickly - but I realise I'm not mass market).

Did you read the Thorsten article that Steve Huff linked to in his negative people thread too? Just asking!

I think your posts force people to defend their position and attack yours as you are very black and white about the negatives and ignore the positives - if it's not a camera for you ignore it instead of attacking other people's needs, wants and logic - it's easy to do!

JamieTux's gear list:JamieTux's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon 1 J5 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G Nikon 1 Nikkor 18.5mm f/1.8 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 PD-Zoom +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow