Web Cam

Started Sep 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Bill Force
Bill Force Veteran Member • Posts: 6,607
Web Cam

I'm currently running 5 PC's in my house ans have worked on IBM clones for over 30 years but this problem has me stumped.

I have a new web cam (Genius brand) that is USB 2.0 complient in XP, Vista 7 and 8. I built a new PC for a neighbor running a Pentium 4 with an Intel 945 chipped Intel MB. Changed the ram as a precaution after a total reload of XP Pro (Spanish) and loading the web cam drivers.

When I plug in the web cam I recieve NO action from the PC HD, leds or sound, nothing. I tried the cam in 3 other PC's running XP and it works a treat. I then reloading all the drivers etc. but nothing. I tried a dozen other USB devices in the new PC and they all work normally, a 1 terrebyte HD, my Cameras, card readers printer etc. and everything appears O.K. except the stinking Web Cam will not work. I made sure the USB ports were active in the bios etc. but this one has me stumped.
Any ideas?
--

' You don't have to have the best of everything to get the best out of what you do have'.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow