7-14, 9-18 or 12-35 for my next trip?

Started Sep 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
g2van Contributing Member • Posts: 660
Re: 7-14, 9-18 or 12-35 for my next trip?

I had the 12 but sold it becos (for me) it was too restrictive at the wide end to justify its price and once I had the EM5, speed at wide end wasn't a real issue for landscape/cityscapes, so I got the 9-18 and also the Samyang/Rokinon 7.5 fisheye and couldn't be happier. If you really love the 12, then maybe forget UWA and get a fisheye. The 7-14 might be tempting but only if you are happy with the weight of your travel bag becos if you really like primes, you might soon be tempted by the CV Nokton 17.5/0.95 which is large and heavy (relatively speaking by mft terms) and then the 7-14 might take it over the top?

digitalphotographer wrote:

Thanks guys for the feedback.

Just throwing another factor to the mix, since I'm planning to acquire the 12mm (either after Olympus announces the black version at Photokina or when they have a sale) to compliment my 25, 45, 100-300 set, what would be a more "sensible" choice between the 7-14, 9-18 and 12-35 in this case?

Would knowing this change your recommendations?

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow