7-14, 9-18 or 12-35 for my next trip?

Started Sep 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
jim stirling
jim stirling Veteran Member • Posts: 7,356
Re: 7-14, 9-18 or 12-35 for my next trip?

Thomas Kachadurian wrote:

digitalphotographer wrote:

Hi all, first post in the m43 forum here after getting my E-M5 with 25, 45 and 100-300 lenses.

In a couple of weeks I will have a business trip to Taipei, HK, Singapore and Kuala Lumpur, so I plan on shooting street scenes every chance I get. But choosing a "correct" lens has been challenging as there are pros and cons for each, so need some help here identifying a good companion.

I've had the 12f2 and the 7-14. Both great lenses, but from my way of thinking and experience there is no better travel lens than the 9-18mm. It pair perfectly with the 25mm/45mm combo.

It's also the smallest of the bunch and the cheapest. I switch things around a lot in my travel bag, but the 9-18mm is always in there.

Everyone who shoots M43 should have one.

Tom

I don’t have the 7-14 though I do have the Nikon 14-24 and while it is an amazing lens I must admit that I find the range starts too wide and finishes to short. So a 9-18 would be a great choice though I would like it to be faster and perform better
Jim

jim stirling's gear list:jim stirling's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Nikon D810 +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow