Monochrom pt.2 ... ISO 10000

Started Sep 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
OP David28 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,104
Re: Monochrom pt.2 ... ISO 10000

Good point about the artifact. How can I test that? That is to try to reproduce it and then not do so with two different efforts. That is a question, by the way.

As for the reasons Solm does what they do - well, I believe it's called milking the market for all that they can. On their side of the fence, it is considered good business and it is hard to argue with that when you have a captive market. Wish it wasn't so but that is not living.

Thanks again for taking the time and I would appreciate your thoughts on my question above. Cheers.

David

photomeme wrote:

as to leica being a late adopter, the MM might fairly be called a break from that pattern. whether a path breaker, or just a wanderer off paths to a dead end, who knows?

yes, you have pegged me. angst ridden, for certain. but similarly dubious that the M10 will be the be-all-end-all, or available soon. can't fathom why the MM release if a CMOS imager based M10 style variant similarly monochrome could have been brought to (or near) market on the same timetable.

btw, i have believe that the pattern in the noise above is most likely a resizing algorithm artifact.

David28 wrote:

I can see the angst and dilemma of a prospective purchaser through your recent posts. Afraid to tell you, that there is no ways to get your answers without parting with hard earned cash.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow