I just got a G1X and while I didn’t buy it for video I will certainly use the video functionality if only occasionally.
I tested it out and found that it’s using a .mov h.264 file format. I’m not really expert in wrappers and whatever you call them and how they impact the files. I can see that it isn’t very Premiere friendly. I could cut it and splice it in, but no duration tinkering, etc. This might be better asked in the Adobe forums about Premiere specifically.
Is there are reason for the .mov file format? Is there any benefit to it at all? Should I be converting these? It sure does look like the video could be much better and I wonder if the file format has any impact on that?
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Flower in flower by atdigit|
from Random Items Challenge 26
|Surface tension by atdigit|
from Right in the middle
|A Normal Dat at Thomas's Clap 2016-9379 by Andrew Maltzoff|
from Show us SCHOOL!