K-3 - 24 MP APS-C camera. It seems to me.

Started Sep 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
GordonBGood Veteran Member • Posts: 6,306
Re: K-3 - 24 MP APS-C camera. It seems to me.

IRussell wrote:

I love the lens lineup and overall size of the Pentax APS-C system, and really hoping the AF module and ISO performance gets up to par with higer end C/N offerings this round (D300S/7D tier).

While you make a valid point that the Auto Focus (AF) performance of the K-5 could be improved as compared to the AF capabilities of the Canon 7D and Nikon D300s, what are you talking about with respect to ISO performance?

Reviews that actually test the raw performance of the K-5 as compared to those cameras find that the mid-tone noise is less than those cameras by about a stop in ISO sensitivity settings, and has about a stop more Dynamic Range (DR) right across the ISO range with about two stops more DR at lowest ISO sensitivities, all when compared at equivalent print sizes. For instance, DxOMark finds the ISO sensitivity usability range of the K-5 to be 1162 as compared to the Canon 7D at 854 and the Nikon D300s at 787.

Or are you making some kind of comparison of high ISO JPEG's which are so very much subject to the JPEG development settings used?

Regards, GordonBGood

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ogl
ET2
(unknown member)
ogl
ogl
ogl
ET2
ogl
ogl
(unknown member)
ET2
ET2
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow