DA 16-50 and DA 50-135 prices doubled - It's an outrage

Started Sep 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
BarcaFan
BarcaFan Forum Member • Posts: 68
Re: If they've fixed the SDM, it will be worth it (nt)

Please explain to us how the online price from the three largest retailers spans $1300 to $1525 on the 50-135 lens? Sure doesn't seem like Pentax is "forcing" retailers to charge the MSRP. Instead, it could be that retailers are taking advantage of a possible shortage.

That may be true, i don't know if it is Pentax or the retailers. In the past few months i have bought a K-5 and a few Pentax lenses in what i though was a fair price. Now not just the 50-135 but others have gone up also. I can't control what Pentax and retailers do but i can control on what i buy and be it fair pricing or not to me a lens i bought 4 weeks ago for $899 is not worth $1521 now. So all i can do is wait for the prices to drop or go with other manufacturers. I guess we will all have a choice to make, as long as you are happy with the choice you make then all is well.

BarcaFan's gear list:BarcaFan's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
ET2
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow