CP4500 has a RAW mode!

Started Jan 21, 2003 | Discussions thread
MariusN Forum Member • Posts: 84
To Alex: any news about the bad pixel mapping?

Alex,

First thank you very much for the useful information that you shared here.

Do you have any other information available about how to enable the automatic bad pixel mapping in the Coolpix cameras?

Not necessarily a finished program, just any kind of information and/or documentation that could help solving this issue once for all.

I personally have a Coolpix 995 that had bad CCD pixels since it was new. Nikon needed over 4 weeks to map them while the camera was still under warranty. Just for two days after my camera was free of any bad pixels then another one surfaced. Just as the warranty ended other groups appeared - all being stuck at any shutter speed. Now I have the option to send it again to Nikon and not just pay for this service but, worse, wait another month without the camera. This is not the first Coolpix that I have with bad CCD pixels - two 990 that I had the chance to use before this 995 had the same problem, on the same scale. Looking over the discussion forums over the Internet it appears that there are so many other upset Nikon customers in this position, having to pay and wait weeks for a trivial Software fix that in my personal opinion Nikon should have made public for any user to do on its own, if not to make it as a feature into the Coolpix cameras firmware. I am referring to executing the automatic pixel mapping procedure.

Please, any help on this issue will be GREATLY appreciated - and I am sure that not just by me.

Thank you,
Marius

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
JWL
JWL
JWL
JWL
RPK
lsz
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow