CP4500 has a RAW mode!

Started Jan 21, 2003 | Discussions thread
John Ferrier Contributing Member • Posts: 582
Re: Knew you wouldn't fall for a subtlety...

OlgaJ wrote:

LOL! Nice try, thanks, but I think I'll pass for now.

...so I went with the blatant--something that may not be true. May in the sense that Mike Rubin uses the word "may" (may result in violations of the software agreements). I want quotations from the Digital Millenium Act. And to turn the tables around a bit, did Nikon take enough actions to prevent others from learning how to enable the diagnostic mode. It seems like some violated a trade secrets policy (rather than reverse engineering or copyright potection).

But you haven't ruled CP4500 RAW out yet (still waiting for a few more of these great results to post). I haven't ruled it in yet.

Since Nikon has already gotten our money, I guess that they could only be working for our future business. I don't think that enabling RAW on the CP4500 will hurt their business (on the contrary). Especially, since there problably is nothing that they can do to improve the low light focus with a firmware upgrade.

Lastly, I though your reply would have been "you wish". It would be nice, yet, but I don't care about it too much.

Take care: ).

JF

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
JWL
JWL
JWL
JWL
RPK
lsz
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow