RX100 - very impressed with DXO Optics

Started Sep 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
gteague
gteague Senior Member • Posts: 2,378
cake and eat it too?

is there any way to use both dxo and lr4? undoubtedly a very stupid question because both of them need the raw file, but if you use one of these apps to tweak the raw, there's no way of saving those tweaks back into a raw file that the other app will work with, is that correct? i think in dxo you are forced to export your tweaks to the raw file as jpeg or tiff. but is there a possibility you could tweak in one app, save as dng, and then open the dng file in the other app?

anyway, hope someone understands my question enough to confirm or deny the possibility. i'm just getting started using raw and have a lot to learn about the process. it's just that both dxo and lr4 have very good features for working with raw files and it would be great if i could run my raw files through both of them.

-- hide signature --

/ guy

The world is going to pieces and people like Adams and Weston are photographing rocks! ~Henri Cartier-Bresson

gteague's gear list:gteague's gear list
Sony RX100 VI Panasonic GH5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 +9 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow