How to capture Vancouver Island ????

Started Aug 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
NewsyL
NewsyL Veteran Member • Posts: 5,735
Re: How to capture Vancouver Island ????

marcelA77 wrote:

next week 'm travelling to Victoria, Canada for business ... followed by pleasure. after the job is done i'd like to spend a couple of extra days on Vancouver island with my A77, 16-50 and 135 STF. can you give me some suggestions on places that i should visit? i like landscape, portrait and close-up's.

How are you getting there? By ferry from the Vancouver area? If so, you will see some fine scenery on that trip.

Around Victoria you will want to check out viewpoints such as Beacon Hill Park - Clover Point Park, Gonzales Bay, Gyro Park at Caboro Bay near the University of Victoria, Scenic Drive in the Oak Bay area.

All along the south shoreline of the urban area there are numerous walkways and small parks. A bit of time in Google Maps would help pick out some likely seascapes.

It's odd.... I know I have dozens of shots from the area, but what have I done with them? I look at what I have uploaded to my Smugmug account and all I can find that are representative of the south coast area are the following.

Gonzales Bay, a long time ago with my first 3MP digicam, taken from a tiny park at the intersection of Ross Street and Richmond Ave
http://binged.it/OO38sR

Looking south towards the mountains of the Olympic Peninsula in Washington state.

-- hide signature --
 NewsyL's gear list:NewsyL's gear list
Panasonic ZS100 Sony SLT-A77 +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow