We wuz robbed !!!!!

Started Aug 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
tbcass
tbcass Forum Pro • Posts: 32,219
Re: Reviews are subjective

john10001 wrote:

I think the review is fair and silver is a pretty good achievement for the RX100. Simply having a big sensor doesn't make it a good camera on its own. Unfortunately it is like a Vauxhall Astra VXR. It has all that power but it's not able to use it all, and handling is a b!tch. Maybe the RX200 will improve on the RX100's shortcomings?

According to this review the Vauxhall handles very well;

"Corners are a different matter, for once the differential hooks up it removes the torque steer, which in turn means you can flood in as much power as you dare. In the dry at least you'd have to be doing something very brave to ever experience any understeer, and you can achieve eye-popping drive out of bends. Body roll is similarly well-contained and, although this isn't the most throttle-adjustable car in the class (that honour goes to the Renaultsport Megane), it counters with a ride that's more than composed enough to banish memories of sweaty-palmed drives in the last Astra VXR. It's a genuinely impressive performance."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/carreviews/9333870/Vauxhall-Astra-VXR-review.html

As for the RX100. I've had mine for 11 days. At first I didn't care for the handling as I use DSLRs but since I consider myself very adaptable I stuck with it. After a day of use I had no problems at all. Now I think the camera handles great and all functions are easy to access, especially once I got it set up to my liking. All in all a great camera with IQ a whole order better than any other camera as small as this. It's a keeper for sure.

-- hide signature --
 tbcass's gear list:tbcass's gear list
Sony RX100 Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD Sony RX10 III +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ET2
Fsi
fjs
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow