At last - Complete article on new way to use AF on the E-M5

Started Aug 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
OP BushmanOrig Senior Member • Posts: 2,975
Re: Strange conclusions...and swiss value for the 12-50

Perfectly OK and thank you for your feedback.

Few comments:

• the 1/8th delay was part of my "research" for the article and finally I decided not to use it because it has a lagging effect on the camera which I do not like

• its true that many people use the 35 zone format as it is default and works perfectly OK for most. Many people comming from the SLR world prefer the single AF frame configuration and that I found result in more mis focussing. Interesting Olympus changed the way one could fix the single AF frame to the HP when compared with the E-pl2 or E-P2. I think Olympus engineers purposely did that....

• lens being less popular - I sell and buy a lot on Ricardo (local Swiss type eBay) and on their I noticed the lens are selling for very low prices compared to others - that only tells me people does not put much value to it.

I havej been using my E-M5 as described in my article (Olympus way) and the results has been way better ( in the past I used the SLR type style)

Siegfried

-- hide signature --

Community of Photographers
http://www.photographyisfun.ch

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow