How to capture Vancouver Island ????

Started Aug 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
sean lancaster
sean lancaster Veteran Member • Posts: 7,250
Re: How to capture Vancouver Island ????

I just spent 3 weeks with my Sony NEX-5N in the Vancouver area and 4 of those days were on Vancouver Island. I cannot recommend anything more strongly than renting a car and driving to Juan de Fuca Provincial Park. In particular, the Botanical Beach. You'll have to check the tide schedule because you want to be there when the tide goes out and leaves behind many tidal pools. In these tidal pools you'll find hundreds of sea anemones and cumcumbers and starfish and octopus and on and on. Taking into account the hike to the beach and what you find there, I think it's one of the prettier places on Earth.

And an octopus (I didn't know how to best shoot into water and a tripod were certainly have helped):

And a big starfish:

It's also far enough from Victoria that the beach was not busy when we visited -- maybe 6 other people.

-- hide signature --
 sean lancaster's gear list:sean lancaster's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha a7R II Voigtlander 35mm F1.2 Nokton Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 28mm F2 +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow