Nikon V1 vs. Sony RX100 ...thoughts and sample photos

Started Aug 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
EinsteinsGhost
EinsteinsGhost Forum Pro • Posts: 11,977
High MP + Clear Image Zoom

Higher MP allows use of Clear Image Zoom on RX100. Having a 10MP would severely limit that. And clear image zoom appears to be a far superior option than traditional digital zoom/cropping. A few samples at the bottom of this review...

http://sonyalphalab.com/product-review/sony-rx100-hands-on-review/

It technically transforms the RX100 from being able to cover 28-100mm to 28-200mm in that little package.

tbcass wrote:

spencerda wrote:

When you say large size, what do you have in mind?

Clearly all things being equal more MP will start showing if you print large enough, but Id say most home amatures like myself tend to think 13 x 19 prints are pretty large. Now if I sold more of my work and started printing much larger certainly Id see your point. But at 13 x 19 and smaller think the differences are small.

I should have added or crop heavily. I find high megapixel cameras very useful when it comes to cropping. In a way it extends the telephoto capabilities. Higher megapixel cameras also stand up better to post processing.

-- hide signature --
 EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow