Nikon V1 vs. Sony RX100 ...thoughts and sample photos

Started Aug 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
Wayne N. Veteran Member • Posts: 9,986
Re: Nikon V1 vs. Sony RX100 ...thoughts and sample photos

Paul Pasco wrote:

Hi Michael, I think the RX100 shots are more detailed but that would be expected from double the MP. Look at the White sailboat in the upper left quadrant of the last shot named "Kat Bella" I think. In the V1 shot you can barely make it out, but the difference isn't enough for me to change even if I only cared about the the range up to 100 mm equiv. But now if we consider the range that the 30-110 covers, how well will the Sony do then? Someone in your position may decide to carry both and have the best of both worlds.

I swear Paul, I'm not stalking you.. you just happened to be here first, and happened (yet again) to voice my same sentiments

As you point out, if you want the 80-300mm range equivalent that the excellent 30-110 lens provides, then the RX100 isn't going to do the trick. If you want a truly pocketable P&S, then the V1 isn't goint to do the trick. So, both cameras are great, depending on one's needs. I am quite happy with what Sony has achieved with the RX100. It bodes very well for the future of the 1" sensors.

Cheers,

Wayne
http://www.pbase.com/wayne_n

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow