TG-1 is a sales failure

Started Jul 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
BorisK1 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,644
Re: Fogged-up lens = user error

Kawika Nui wrote:

Good advice on fogging, thanks. But the Canon D10 handled it a lot better and had better IQ. The TG-1 isn't worth the premium price; for a bit more one can get a Pany camera with full controls and a dedicated Pany underwater housing.

Depends on your needs. The TG-1 is a good fit for my needs, much better than D10 or TS-4.

I would like better control of some aspects, but don't need a full manual control. Controlling a camera with a hybrid iris/ND aperture, that's always near the diffraction limit, woul've been too much of a headache anyway. And in my experience, with normal "toughcam" style of shooting, the IQ is usually limited by the light levels and the camera shake. So with a Canon or a Panny, I'd be giving up over a stop of light and a lot of wideangle coverage, and not really gaining much. (Again, for me. Everyone is different).

The IQ is good enough for my needs. Hopefully, they'll fix the clicking sound in video (Panasonic is king there, no question).

BorisK1's gear list:BorisK1's gear list
Olympus Tough TG-4 Olympus E-3 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow