We wuz robbed !!!!!

Started Aug 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
Dan Vincent Contributing Member • Posts: 849
Re: We wuz robbed !!!!!

R Butler wrote:

I agree with pretty much all of your points - and there are a lot of reasons to really like the RX100. And yes, I hope others will try to follow Sony down the 'larger sensor, tiny body' path.

However, I just never quite fell in love with the camera. I've spent several weeks trying to assess and describe many of the benefits you mention here, so I feel I know the camera's strengths pretty well. It's just not a camera that I'm going to resent giving back. It's not a camera that I'm going to fiercely hold onto until the moment it gets shipped back to the manufacturer.

It's a great camera and Sony deserves a great deal of credit for it. But I just couldn't engage with it enough to give it the Gold.

Richard - dpreview.com

Richard,

I appreciate your candor. It's a fair judgment, but I think people are more wondering what camera, exactly, would beat the RX100. e.g. if you had to choose from its non-interchangeable lens rivals, what contemporary would come out on top?

Dan Vincent's gear list:Dan Vincent's gear list
Sony Alpha a99 Sony a99 II Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ET2
Fsi
fjs
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow