We wuz robbed !!!!!

Started Aug 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
Ray Sachs
Ray Sachs Forum Pro • Posts: 10,580
No we wuzn't!

R Butler wrote:

It was a very close-run thing, with a long discussion in the office before the decision.

Yes it's the best in class that we've tested (there's still the LX7 and, if Samsung ever lends us one, the EXF2), but it's just not quite got enough of a 'wow' factor to push it into Gold territory.

If it's Gold to you, then I'm not going to disagree with you - it's a very good camera and it will rightly be enjoyed by a lot of people. For me, having shot for nearly two months with it, it just didn't feel special enough to quite get the Gold - and the awards are subjective.

Couldn't agree more. Had mine for nearly a month and I'm constantly amazed by its performance, but I don't really enjoy shooting with it. I also checked out an LX7 and warmed up to it more in a couple hours than the RX100 in three weeks. Unfortunately, the LX7 image quality doesn't compare to the RX100, particularly at higher ISOs, so I decided to keep the RX100 despite my lukewarm feelings about shooting with it. But I'm looking forward to the Panasonics and Fujis and Ricohs of the world incorporating a similarly great sensor into something that feels like a small camera rather than a high quality P&S...

-Ray
-------------------------
http://www.flickr.com/photos/20889767@N05/collections/72157626204295198/

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ET2
Fsi
fjs
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow