iPad Photosmith app, Lightroom plugin, and iPad filenames

Started Jul 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
JonV Junior Member • Posts: 42
Re: iPad Photosmith app, Lightroom plugin, and iPad filenames

FlightDeck wrote:

Abrak wrote:

Is the Eye-fi card showing up in the Photosmith App under eye-fi services? If it is not, this is likely to be your problem and is best solved by re-searching for your ipad through the LR plug-in.

Yes, it shows up, but all it does is alternate between Running and Communicating without ever copying a file. It used to work fine and now it's just useless. For more details, here is the support email I sent to Photosmith today:

Currently if I put the Eye-Fi card in my camera, the card will appear in the iPad WiFi settings but will not get a check mark next to it. In Photosmith the Eye-Fi service shows as Running/Communicating. No files ever transfer to the iPad, even when shooting new images with the camera. The Eye-Fi info in the 5DIII initially says Connecting, then Transferring, then eventually “Error retrieving card info. To retrieve card info, turn camera off and on again” (which does nothing).

If instead I power the card with its USB card reader on my PC, I still get no connection checkmark on the iPad, still get Communicating/Running in Photosmith, and still no files transfer to the iPad from the card.

I almost wonder if something has happened to the card itself.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
K
Ontario, Canada
http://photos.loneleaf.ca
(See my profile for equipment list.)

Ditto for me. Card Upload Key is detected and Service Status is Running until I take a shot and see the icon on the camera then the status alternates between Running and Communicating and it just churns and churns with no result.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow