just got 7d, I am really frustrated right now.

Started Aug 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
MOD Dale Buhanan Veteran Member • Posts: 4,274
Re: Yes

In a perfect world that would be true. But we don't live in a perfect world, and L lenses do get shipped that are less than perfect.

For example, many here on this forum have purchased 24-70L's that were very soft. I myself purchased a brand new 24-105L that didn't work right and in sending it back to Canon under warranty for repair, they had to replace the focus lens group. It took 3 months to repair because they had to send to Japan for the new lens group. This lens was new! Works great now though.

So, I'm sure the percentage of L lenses that gets shipped is very good, but not all are perfect.

Happy picture taker smiling at you wrote:

I don't know about Canons kit lens but they will never ship a L class lens that is not 100% perfect. I saw a video a while back of Canon destroying cameras and lens some with only minor finish defects, there were a lot on canon products being destroyed so they did not get out to the public. And myself I have never has any issues with their kit lens.

-- hide signature --

kind regards
Dale

Dale Buhanan's gear list:Dale Buhanan's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon G1 X II Canon EOS 70D Canon PowerShot SD500 Canon PowerShot G5 +35 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BAK
BAK
BAK
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow