Apple awarded $1.05b settlement with Samsung

Started Aug 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
jfelbab Senior Member • Posts: 1,842
Re: Apple: Shameless about stealing!!!

mrsfixit wrote:

Barry Fitzgerald wrote:

Most people would like to see an end to this patent nonsense, and for companies to compete on the strength of their products, not endless court battles.

I agree. I despise Apple.

And it's not like Apple has to do this- they're one of the the richest companies on the planet.

Their greed is appalling. They treat their workers both here and abroad like garbage.

They charge twice as much for products made with the same parts, and in the same factories, as other manufacturers.

Care to show some citation to back up this claim?

The only thing unique about Apple's products is the software. Their hardware is pretty standard now.

They've turned from the little company that became a success, to a monster that wants to devour all it's competitors and rule the market.

They will continue to sue competitors, and if they continue to (pay off judges and jurors) win, it will be a sad day for the American consumer.

You have some proof that Apple is paying off judges and jurors? I didn't think so. But don't let your Apple hate get in the way of the telling some juicy lies.

FWIW, success is not a bad thing. Just because you didn't start a business and become wildly successful is not a reason to HATE those who do. Apple, or for that matter, no company owes you a living. You like to call it greed. I'd suggest that they are a well run company. Apple makes products that a large number of people want. They price their products to their perceived value. If people are happy to pay for those products then they have priced them appropriately. You see, Candice, in our country, you don't get to determine what prices are appropriate for a product, the market does.

I can foresee a day when the only products on the shelves will be those made by Apple, or those forced to pay extortionate royalties to Apple.

Really? Your perception of Apple's size is not matched by reality. They have about 69,000 employees, 43,000 here in the US here in the US and make a few computers (around 10 % market share) some phones and some iPads. The latter products became so popular only due to Apple's creative vision, BTW.

Either way, the prices will rise, and the consumer will lose.

Or just maybe other companies will become creative as well and make products that are original in concept and design so as to make people want to buy them over Apple's offerings.

When the day comes where I have to choose between an iPhone, or no phone- I'll choose no phone.

If you don't see any value to an iPhone that's fine. We have freedom of choice here. You rather buy a copy of an iPhone go right ahead. If you don't really think that Samsung copied the iPhone take a look at this Samsung document.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/102317767/Samsung-Relative-Evaluation-Report-on-S1-iPhone

Candice in PA

-- hide signature --

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross."

-- Sinclair Lewis

You really think Sinclair Lewis would have approved of Samsung's thievery?

-- hide signature --

Jim
'There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.'
-- Ansel Adams

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
tko
T3
T3
T3
ck3
tko
tko
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow