Apple awarded $1.05b settlement with Samsung

Started Aug 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
mrsfixit
mrsfixit Senior Member • Posts: 1,473
Re: Apple: Shameless about stealing!!!

Barry Fitzgerald wrote:

Most people would like to see an end to this patent nonsense, and for companies to compete on the strength of their products, not endless court battles.

I agree. I despise Apple.

And it's not like Apple has to do this- they're one of the the richest companies on the planet.

Their greed is appalling. They treat their workers both here and abroad like garbage.

They charge twice as much for products made with the same parts, and in the same factories, as other manufacturers.

The only thing unique about Apple's products is the software. Their hardware is pretty standard now.

They've turned from the little company that became a success, to a monster that wants to devour all it's competitors and rule the market.

They will continue to sue competitors, and if they continue to (pay off judges and jurors) win, it will be a sad day for the American consumer.

I can foresee a day when the only products on the shelves will be those made by Apple, or those forced to pay extortionate royalties to Apple.

Either way, the prices will rise, and the consumer will lose.

When the day comes where I have to choose between an iPhone, or no phone- I'll choose no phone.

Candice in PA

-- hide signature --

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross."

-- Sinclair Lewis

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
tko
T3
T3
T3
ck3
tko
tko
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow