D3 Wedding Photographers

Started Aug 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
Biological_Viewfinder Senior Member • Posts: 2,207
Re: Never had card fail, but I would set for Overflow

em_dee_aitch wrote:

Biological_Viewfinder wrote:

Every single wedding I have ever done, I have had a laptop and a backup drive.

I would photograph the wedding in sessions, and each session would be like "The Rehearsal", "The Preperation", "The Gathering", "The Formals", "The Ceremony", "The Reception".

After each session, I would race to my little on-site studio and back-up my cards first to the laptop, then to the backup drive.

So my workflow method is always for backup. You can explain the entire world to a bride, but losing her photographs on her most important day of her life as she sees it; there's nothing left but a lawsuit.

I thought you said the other day that you had no use for people photography, wedding photography specifically, and that you hated humanity too much to photograph anything but nature. Was this before you implemented your current philosophy? Just checking.

In any case, the backup strategy you propose is solid, if you have time for it.

If there were 7 Miilion instead of 7 Billion, then we wouldn't have world hunger, global climate change, or pretty much any of the major problems we have had.

But yeah, I used to do weddings.

I cared too much. And at the last one, I thought I was having a heart attack. It was just because I cared so much for the client that I was having anxiety attacks.

I dropped my business and now only shoot for pleasure, and I couldn't be happier.

My art is FAR, FAR better than ever before. It's not for anyone but me and it's amazing.

I've seen better stuff. I mean who hasn't when they compare it to the 7 BILLION possible camera users. But I'd say that I was in the top 1 percentile and that if photography was allowed in museums, then my work would be musuem quality. Not that you'll ever see it. LOL!

Anyway, thanks for hanging onto my dingleberries and follwing me around.
Nice to know someone has my backside. LOLOOLOLOL!!!!!1111
--

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow