LX3 versus LX7

Started Aug 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
MustangJoe
OP MustangJoe Regular Member • Posts: 153
Re: LX3 versus LX7

There is one change that I'm not fond of. Since I like to shoot HDR, on my LX3 I'd set the auto-exposure bracketing and then enable the 2 second self-timer. The LX3 would count down 2 seconds then take all three exposures, reducing the possibility of camera movement between the first and second shots when shooting HDRs hand-held. The self timer and the auto-exposure bracketing shooting modes are now mutually exclusive on the LX7, like they are on the GX1. If you select the self timer, you can't auto-bracket. If you auto-bracket, then there's no self timer. There's no provision on the LX7 for a remote trigger which would help since you need to press the shutter button even when on a tripod.

I tried using the interval shooting mode to get around this but you can't auto-bracket when shooting intervals.
--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mustangjoe

MustangJoe's gear list:MustangJoe's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow