GX1 vs Oly

Started Aug 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
brentbrent Veteran Member • Posts: 3,195
Re: GX1 vs Oly

The only MFT bodies I've owned are the GF1 and now the GX1. I've been adding lenses, and I'll probably wait a while before considering a new body. The Oly 45mm and the Samyang/Rokinon 7.5mm fisheye are two you might want to consider, both great lenses and neither of them in the price stratosphere.

You might also think about getting Lightroom and shooting raw, which mostly moots any jpg advantage that Oly may have. It's amazing what you can do with raw images in Lightroom. Also, I recently got the removable electronic viewfinder for the GX1 ($160 at B&H), and it really comes in handy. Of course, the EM-5 has a built in EVF, but sometimes it's nice to be able to remove it.

Just a couple of other thoughts on how to allocate whatever funds you have available for this hobby, but ultimately that's a personal decision. There's no doubt that the EM-5 has some significant advantages over the GX1, but at a significant cost.

brentbrent's gear list:brentbrent's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +14 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow