Why use Lightroom or Capture NX?

Started Aug 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
NikonMan09
NikonMan09 Regular Member • Posts: 336
Why use Lightroom or Capture NX?

Throughout my history in digital photography I have been mostly a JPEG shooter, because I don't have much time for PP. Adjusting Nikon picture control settings has worked well for me; and I shoot mostly social events for posting the pictures on sharing sites. I have taken RAW shots of landscapes from some recent trips, but have not felt the need to do much PP.

Currently, the RAW processing software I own is Adobe ACR from CS5 and View NX. I recently became more familiar with ACR because I had to process some RAW files into JPEG wallpapers at work. I then remembered I could download trial copies of Lightroom and Capture NX2 and have done so. So far, I am not impressed with either. I don't like the fact that Lightroom is set up to work from a catalog instead of an indvidual file, and Capture NX2 seems to be nothing more than a View NX with a curve adjustment added. So what advantage would either of these programs give me compared to what I presently own?

In the long run, I would like to become more proficient in RAW processing, but I want the software to be user-friendly!

Thanks for your interest!

Fred
--
Formerly known as MinoltaMan78. Switched to Nikon in 2009.

NikonMan09's gear list:NikonMan09's gear list
Nikon D7200 Nikon D90 Nikon D7000 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +9 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow