Should I sell my 5Dii for an OM-D?

Started Aug 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
demonboy
demonboy Regular Member • Posts: 228
Should I sell my 5Dii for an OM-D?

I'm a travel photographer but street is my main interest. I'm semi-pro: I get large articles published in magazines, I run workshops and I exhibit in a gallery frequently. I live on a boat and travel, so space is an issue. I'm getting a bit fed up of carting the 5Dii and the lenses (50mm prime and 70-200L) and have just found I can't get my 28-70L fixed. Up until last night I had been looking at the GX1 or similar to do street stuff and then treat myself to a wide angle for the 5Dii, thus dividing my cameras up for different jobs.

Last night I figured: what if I sell the 5Dii and buy the OM-D instead? That way I only need one camera and will have enough money to buy wide-angle, primes, pancakes and telephotos.

I have read of pro photographers doing something similar and having no regrets but I'm bothered by low-light and shallow DoF that the 5Dii excels in.

I've played with the OM-D and fell in love with it the moment I picked it up. I played with it and shot the streets (outside the camera shop) and was impressed and it could be the solution I'm looking for, but what kind of regrets could I expect to have by making this dramatic change?

Thoughts, ideas appreciated.
--
[] http://www.jamiefurlongphotography.com []
Refreshingly different travel and street

Canon EOS 5D Mark II Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Fit
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ZZ9
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow