assistance with comparison of Nikon d5100 and Sony a65

Started Aug 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
TimelordXYZ Contributing Member • Posts: 534
Re: baloo_buc : assistance with comparison of Nikon d5100 and Sony a65

fare wrote:

Thanks.

Yes, I am concerned about both the points you made.

1.) with 20-30 percent of the light being sent to the AF, has anyone written how much that degrades the image quality??? I am sure that a 25 MP camera with 30 percent less light probably performs more like a........what? It has 30 percent less light, so even if 25 MP performed equal to 16 or 18, that would be no or little gain. Of course, I am simply speculating......extrapolating.....and deducing. Would like to know if anyone can share a link to a technical page where this has been examined??????

2.) Sony makes all the toys.....TVs radios, etc. Ho knows how deep their commitment to imaging runs. That may be the deal breaker for me.

Cheers

1. Its the difference between shooting at ISO 125 instead of ISO 100. I'd say almost imperceptible difference.

2. If one looks at the Sony Balance sheet, the Imaging division was one of the brighter prospects compared to its awful TV section. So, I would say their commitment to the Imaging division would be very very high as its one of their top performers.

http://fstoppers.com/editorial-can-sonys-digital-imaging-division-restore-profits

TimelordXYZ's gear list:TimelordXYZ's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony a6300 Sony FE 70-200 F4 Sony RX100 III Sony Alpha NEX-5N +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow