OT: My Pussy Riot Article

Started Aug 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
Vlad S Veteran Member • Posts: 3,750
Re: OT: Sorry...

art1sta wrote:

I did read the lyrics of the song, that’s the first thing I did so as to understand what the fuss was about.

A Chorus of….. the Lord is Sh*t and Virgin Mary become a feminist and Virgin Mary put Putin away…

Its so immature, confused and offensive that the message (if it does exist) looses any real value.

It is disappointing that you missed the parts about the church worshiping Putin instead of God, and priests replacing teachers.

If they have a political message then direct that to politics, dont do it in a church do it in front of the local parliament, the worlds media would be there in a flash.

The police would be there way before the media gets a whiff of it. The performance was about the relationship between the church and the government. Formally speaking it probably was an act of hooliganism, since it did involve trespassing, but it was not about hatred for christianity - it was about church corruption. So the selection of the main cathedral in Moscow was quite logical.

BTW If we have any more feminism in this world we will need a movement to protect a species in extinction…the "functioning" male!

You are confusing feminism and misandry (dislike of males) or lesbianism. Feminism does not imply adversarial relationship with males. Two of the three convicted performers are married women with children. Feminism fights patriarchy, not "functioning" men.

Im still confused as to how they want to turn the Virgin Mary into a (gay) feminist and destroy God in the process! thats a new one on me.

Where did you see anything about destroying God?

Vlad S's gear list:Vlad S's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow