***MC 275--The Compressed Landscape***

Started Aug 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
OP JolieO Veteran Member • Posts: 4,812
Hi Trafford

Sorry I missed these for so long and I am just delighted to see them. You did some clever things here--the first shot with the two bridges is a good example of your 'eye'. I really like the misty vision of the old architecture beneath the new. Also like the composition particularly the way that the new bridge is asymetrically chopped off.

The second shot is probably my favorite. I like the way that the fellow looks to be sort of floating in front of that big wall of steps and yes, it does look more like a wall all squashed as it is. The statue at the top looks so close that it might just tumble down the steps as well.

I like your third too. Those massive ships do look a bit squashed and packed in there together like big blue and white sardines. The geometry of the retangular windows and round tires works well together I think.

Of your exhibits, I like the second the best. The colors are nice in the front building which makes the one in the back look like a pale ghostly version, they are very similar in shape at first glance.

I am going to award you a prize right now for the best titles--I can't imagine anyone coming along to upstage you on that.

Thanks very much for participating.
Regards,
Jolene

-- hide signature --
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow