OT: My Pussy Riot Article

Started Aug 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
hobo Contributing Member • Posts: 533
Re: OT: My Pussy Riot Article

mh2000 wrote:

Ok, that is fair enough, but they did disprupt the church with the performance that was taped for personal publicity and to be used as an anti-Putin statement and were arrested for it. What I thought interesting was the way Western media has exploded this story and the massive support the band has gotten from it. I was writing about how PR functions for Western supporters and here, we see videos with them singing. Even the BBC, in many of its articles, has been sketchy about the performance.

Regarding this thread being Off-Topic, I labeled it as such and do have a somewhat valid reason to post here given that there are people who follow my writing (either liking or hating it) as typically related to my m43 photography, so this is On-Topic because of this.

Sure, the thread can be erased... but there is much less worthwhile OT threads in this forum all the time.

Best!

This is a question of taste and mentality, for me.

Many good people here and there support PR now, however, nobody likes what they did.

Please compare the PR story with another fresh exercise from Ukraine - see below - starting from the images. There are many ways of making money, however, not all of them are acceptable.

http://echo.msk.ru/blog/hutsol/920464-echo/

hobo's gear list:hobo's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Sony SLT-A58 Sony a77 II Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow