Are you willing to let film die off? How do you really feel?

Started Aug 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
Dan Nikon Senior Member • Posts: 1,503
Re: Let film die off?

I have over 42,000 clicks on my D800, nice camera but it is no film killer. So you need to accept that film is NOT long gone and will NOT be. Who cares what the masses of snapshooters use, no one ever aspires to that do they?

So you punted your 645, who cares, I use my 501 CM and 4x5 to make a GREAT living along with my D800.

You need to cut out the language that a medium is dead, why do you do that, what do you get out of it, does it make you feel good?

It must, because there is NO reason to say something that narrow minded unless you have an axe to grind. Sorry to break it to you, but film will out live either of us, so you might want to reconsider your wording, it is false, not fact.

GodSpeaks wrote:

Let film die off? Are you serious? Film is long gone. Today, with cameras like the D800, which can outresolve film by a pretty good margin, who needs film?

Had you made this post back in 2002 or 2003, you might have had a case. But not today.

I stopped using film about 10 years ago when I got my first DSLR.

Film is dead.

-- hide signature --

'Digital is like shaved legs on a man - very smooth and clean but there is something
acutely disconcerting about it.'

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow