OT: My Pussy Riot Article

Started Aug 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
hobo Regular Member • Posts: 446
Re: OT: My Pussy Riot Article

mh2000 wrote:
Please point out my errors! I would greatly appreciate it!

I say very little about local details other than what can easily be found from all major international news services. The article is about the Western media and Western local response to the story.

I tried to remain reasonably neutral regarding what is going on inside Russia and with respect to Putin and current political/police actions. This was not the point of the article -- it has to do with my interpretation of Western reaction to the story while ignoring everything else that is actually going on.

If you are writing from inside Russia, I'd be very interested in your take on the massive Western attention this case is getting!

Thanks Hobo!

hobo wrote:

Hmmm ...

I am local - and - with all my respect to the author - the article is too far from reality. I am not talking e.g. about Sir Paul's reaction, sure thing, however, it makes sense to double check your sources.

-- hide signature --

Well, this forum is probably not the right place to discuss PR, anyway the owners can easily remove it all.

What they actually did was an idiotic 40 sec provocation in the nearly empty cathedral. No sound, no instruments, no lyrics, no light, nobody's singing etc, just invited cameramen and shocked staff around.

http://freerutube.com/2012/07/02/pussy-riot-v-hrame-hrista-spasitelya-kak-eto-byilo-na-samom-dele/#.UC1G5qO0J8E

The rest (as shown in your article) was cooked later in the studio.

Summing up: this is a sad story, really.

hobo's gear list:hobo's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Sony SLT-A58 Sony a77 II Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow