Capture One Pro 6 for half price €114,50!

Started Aug 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
Theodoros Fotometria Senior Member • Posts: 2,090
Re: Shadow & Highlight Recovery C1 Pro 5 vs. LR 4.1

craig wrote:

Theodoros Fotometria wrote:

craig wrote:

Theodoros Fotometria wrote:

craig wrote:

Theodoros Fotometria wrote:

-- hide signature --

The idea behind photography is not to create a non existing light source that will counter lit the shadows that the existing source (the sun in our case) provides. It's against the idea of photography to do this... It would be different for a front lit scene where the developer tunes the light of the light source and different in a back lit scene as this one....

Theodoros
http://www.fotometria.gr

So....fill flash is against the idea of photography?
--

http://www.pbase.com/crs

-- hide signature --

If you intend a second light source do it! A developer is not fill in flash! What the... where do you "buy" logic man?

Theodoros
http://www.fotometria.gr

Calm down Theo.....remember your blood pressure....Perhaps the word "flash" set you off. Although the "developer" is not "creating" a light source, the interpretation of luminance values in the darkroom via dodging and burning and so on, and now done in the digital darkroom....is altering your photo after the fact. If the photo is the musical score...isn't the digital darkroom the performance....and open to individual interpretation? Instead of saying "......is against the idea of photography", perhaps you should say, it's against your personal idea of photography Anyway....enough of this bafflegab

-- hide signature --
-- hide signature --

Photography as any other art is based on photographer's visualization of the result... (the photograph, ...meaning the print). Anything else is irrelevant "chit chat" or talking for the purpose of talking... The developer is there because you should know (that is the purpose of testing) the way to achieve the (pre-visualized) print before you ever do the shot... This is not my "personal idea", it's in any book of photography written by any respectable master (I suggest Adams's chapter "visualization"). Of course we all use our staff for snaps, but the main purpose for buying an SLR, lenses and shoot raws is to do "photography".... Hence a developer is designed to achieve the goal... Enough of this bafflegab!
Theodoros
http://www.fotometria.gr

I may be wrong.....but I believe Ansel Adams would often create several very different interpretations of his negatives in the darkroom...thus his photography was perhaps a journey and not a preconceived destination.
--

http://www.pbase.com/crs

-- hide signature --

You ARE wrong.... his interpretations were to achieve EXACTLY the visualization not to create different versions of a shot... but again it's better if you read his books instead of opening a new discussion.

Theodoros
http://www.fotometria.gr

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow