Are you willing to let film die off? How do you really feel?

Started Aug 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
Simon Zeev
Simon Zeev Senior Member • Posts: 2,816
Re: Are you willing to let film die off? How do you really feel?

I don't have any urge to kill the film. I am an amateur and I started to shoot film some 50 years ago. I developed myself the b&w film and pictures, later the color film and pictures.
When digital appears I begin shooting digital and enjoyed very much.

a year ago I pass my DSLR to one of my daughters and brought an EVIL (mirrorless) camera (Olympus E-PL2). Later I brought another one for shooting stereo pictures with both cameras together.

I love cameras. I have a small collection of (most) film cameras and from time to time I put film in one of them and enjoy shooting.

One of them is an Ikonta 4.5x6 that shot on film 120. Is from year 1927. I wonder what of our digital cameras will work almost 100 years from now?!!

I also brought a Kiev 88 - 6x6 camera and shoot nice pictures with her. My only problem is that in my city no one will sell and develop 120 film, so I buy b&w film on ebay and I develop it myself. I scan it and I don't print it. I can develop also color but I will not buy color materials for one film in 2-3 months.

I never see a young one shooting film. I also think that shooting a Holga is for eccentric people that are doing that only to be different.

And for me (66), I shoot film only to have fun with old cameras that cannot buy when I was young.
Shoot what you love and ENJOY!

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Zeev
Simon = family name so... call me Zeev!
http://public.fotki.com/zeev-simon/
http://picasaweb.google.com/zeev.simon

Simon Zeev's gear list:Simon Zeev's gear list
Canon PowerShot S1 IS Ricoh Caplio GX100 Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow