OM-D and landscapes...should I have gotten an NEX7?

Started Aug 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
802Walker Junior Member • Posts: 43
OM-D and landscapes...should I have gotten an NEX7?

I'm primarily a landscape shooter. I'm not professional by any means, but I enjoy the hobby and enjoy good images. I have been using a 30D for years, since it came out. I purchased an OM-D with 14-42 lens and took it on a recent backpacking trip. I was somewhat disappointed with the output. At 100% crop, the images looked pretty grainy and lacked detail compared to the images of my 30D. I admit that the camera was new and I am not an expert with it, so that could be the problem. Maybe I'm just being picky?

I'm seeking opinions from OM-D owners on the landscape capability of the camera - cause I'm thinking about getting an NEX7 instead. I love the OM-D (the size, the EVF, the feel in my hand), but for me at least, IQ matters the most. If I can get better output from the NEX7, maybe I made a wrong choice.

I'd love for you to post some examples of your high quality landscapes (high quality being clarity and detail, not awesome photographs).

I posted a sample photo taken with the OM-D and a 100% crop. The images were shot RAW and not edited at all.

Canon EOS 30D Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow