Capture One Pro 6 for half price €114,50!

Started Aug 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
Lance B Forum Pro • Posts: 31,294
Re: Comparison with LR4 and a question

I am sure if you did some fiddling with various parameters, you'd get just as good from the Capture One version, if not better. You seem to have the Capture One version overexposed in parts, looking at the hat brim. Not really a comparable comparison.

The thing with Capture One, is that it is a much better workflow than other RAW converters, IMO. The end results with all the top converters as far as IQ is concerned is not all that different, but it is the ease of workflow and the ease of getting those results which is where the differences lie and this is where I believe Capture One Pro is best.

Zafar Kazmi wrote:

So I have a trial version of CI 6 since the last time they ran a sale. After seeing this thread today I decided to give it a try (even though the sale is over). I took an image and processed it to the hilt in both systems (just to see what each is capable of). Below is my side-by-side comparison of the two with settings module displayed. Obviously Capture One allows for a much more liberal amount of USM (should one like that) and I took full advantage of that.

BUT, take a look at this side-by-side screen capture. Asthe sharpness and clarity are at a max, C-One is sharper (looks ugly but that's besides the point) but where is the detail? Look at the skin just above shirt collar. LR version shows skin texture, but C-1 is washed out. Having read all comments about superior rendition of C-One this seems like an anomaly. What am I missing? The C-1 version I am using is 6.4.1. while the latest is 6.4.3. I can nto imagine that such a minor release would effect image processing.

-- hide signature --
 Lance B's gear list:Lance B's gear list
Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-17E II +13 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow