Capture One Pro 6 for half price €114,50!

Started Aug 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
Theodoros Fotometria Senior Member • Posts: 2,090
Re: Comparison with LR4 and a question

Zafar Kazmi wrote:

So I have a trial version of CI 6 since the last time they ran a sale. After seeing this thread today I decided to give it a try (even though the sale is over). I took an image and processed it to the hilt in both systems (just to see what each is capable of). Below is my side-by-side comparison of the two with settings module displayed. Obviously Capture One allows for a much more liberal amount of USM (should one like that) and I took full advantage of that.

BUT, take a look at this side-by-side screen capture. Asthe sharpness and clarity are at a max, C-One is sharper (looks ugly but that's besides the point) but where is the detail? Look at the skin just above shirt collar. LR version shows skin texture, but C-1 is washed out. Having read all comments about superior rendition of C-One this seems like an anomaly. What am I missing? The C-1 version I am using is 6.4.1. while the latest is 6.4.3. I can nto imagine that such a minor release would effect image processing.

-- hide signature --

What's the point of bringing this into the conversation?
Theodoros
http://www.fotometria.gr

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow