What could I expect from an E-3 (over an E-520)?

Started Aug 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
Trevor Carpenter
Trevor Carpenter Forum Pro • Posts: 14,347
Re: What could I expect from an E-3 (over an E-520)?

MatijaK wrote:

MikeMercer wrote:

How did you get that idea? Even the E-3 is too small for the average male and needs a battery grip for better ergonomics so that the pinky finger fits comfortably on the grip.

I took my E-510 out of the box over the weekend and tried loving it again, but the camera is an ergonomic disaster due to low size and weight. I think I'll have to sell it :/

I'm glad I'm not an average male but I am definitely male. My 520 is good and my 620 is even better, ergonomically that is

I fell like they designed the E620 for me. I have a battery grip which I never use because it ruins that perfect comfort. I've tried lots of bigger cameras and the only one that I liked the feel of as much as my 620 is the Sony A57. I think we are all different.

I did also try the EM-5 and hated it because I found it ergonomically horrible.

I don't think that there can be any such thing as average, just personal preference.

-- hide signature --
 Trevor Carpenter's gear list:Trevor Carpenter's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic G85 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / Power O.I.S Panasonic Leica 100-400mm F4.0-6.3 ASPH
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow