Capture One Pro 6 for half price €114,50!

Started Aug 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
Lance B Forum Pro • Posts: 30,451
Re: Question about importing.

Robin Casady wrote:

Lance B wrote:

Robin Casady wrote:

Lance B wrote:
Have you tried Lightroom 4.1 with Process 2012?

No.

Much improved over Lightroom 3.

I'm still trying to figure out some workflow issues with C1 Pro 6. Can you import NEFs that are already on the hard drive without changing their location? It seems to want to make copies to another location.

With Lightroom 4.1 you can select Copy , Move , or Add . Add leaves the NEFs where they are an just adds them to the Lightroom 4.1 catalog.
--

Yes. Just go into "file" and look for the folder on your hard drive.

I never use the import function of Capture One, preferring to just download the files to a folder of my choice, usually date specific, and then open Capture One and then open that file in Capture One.

Thanks very much. That was too easy. I think I previously got fooled because it doesn't look in subfolders. Is there a way to have it include everything in subfolders?

I am not sure exactly what you mean here, but if you open up the files through the file icon at the top left next to the camera icon, it opens up the files in the subfolders and highlights the file that you are in including the list of files in that particular folder.

-- hide signature --
-- hide signature --
 Lance B's gear list:Lance B's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED +13 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow