What would you take?

Started Aug 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
rapnjar Junior Member • Posts: 30
Re: What would you take?

For the helo ride...been there/done that/screwed it all up. I have the D800 and all the lenses you mentioned...if it were me, I'd take the 24-70 and MOST IMPORTANTLY...take a circular polarizer. I didn't anticipate the reflection bouncing back from the lexan windows and have now have a lot of Hawaiian images with me burned in the image...not a pretty sight. Just orient the CP to just kill the reflection but wouldn't turn it all the way up...it could do funky thinks with the colors.

No VR on the 24-70 could be an issue so recommend increasing the ISO to maintain a high shutter speed to help stop the action but I like the wider zoom capability. Definitely take the 70-200 for the rest of the island tour...lots of distant objects that you'll want to snap up.

Its a great place...I recently moved from Oahu after being stationed there for 2 years...wife is still angry that I made her leave. That's military life for you.

Have a great time.

Jeff Spann

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow